Not too long ago it was fine to be a YADS (Yet Another Drupal Shop): if you specialised in Drupal, that meant you were different, memorable, and innovative. Drupal has however moved into the next phase of it's life cycle: to flourish and grow, doing Drupal is no longer enough.
In this session I will talk about:
- The difference between geographical and vertical differentiation.
- Why we need more vertical differentiation to protect the Drupal community from market shocks.
- How we can make the community and our businesses anti-fragile.
- Show some example of vertical differentiation.
- Talk about what has succeeded and what has so far failed.
- Why market access is the key to success.
- Some of the big trends like flowing (conversational UI) and cognifying (AI) that are about to transform the internet, and that we ignore at our peril.