You might think who, me? Everybody can contribute! Drupal is made possible by a very diverse group of people around the globe using a huge variety of skills including but not limited to user experience design, project management, development, planning, testing, bug reporting, performance analysis, integration, triage, event organization, marketing, session recording, photography, translations, book authoring, and the list goes on and on. Some examples:
- Translators — You are good in a written language other than English? We need you!
- Content Strategists — Want to work on reorganizing the documentation and improving the content quality? We need you!
- Project Managers — You want to bring forward certain initiatives and know how to build a team with different expert skill sets and how to facilitate progress? We need you!
- Marketers — You have ideas for advancing the promotion of Drupal and need a team? And you are good at sharing your strategy insights? We need you too!
And that is just for starters! If you have ideas on how to contribute, participate in one of our the contribution opportunities for Drupal Dev Days Ghent 2020 and become a volunteer.
Become a volunteer
Want to welcome attendees at the check in? Would you like to meet the speakers and guide them through their session. Or want to assist sponsors setting up their booths? Or just want to help out with the organisation of the event?
Volunteers will be rewarded with a special gift as a "Thank You!" from the Belgian Drupal Community for your time and effort!
Become a contributor
When and how to join contributors?
Drupal Developer Days are all about contribution. There are contribution rooms and spaces throughout the whole week, while sessions, BoFs, and other events are happening as well. Just walk up to the promoted contribution teams, introduce yourself and say you are there to help. Everybody likes people who offer to help, so don't be afraid. For contribution topics and join one of them, please sign up.
What if I'm new to contribution, how can I join?
In case that you never contributed before, don't worry. At Drupal Developer Days Ghent 2020, our contribution mentors will be there to help you, guide you through processes and tools the Drupal community uses to contribute to the project. Contribution mentors will also help you to pick issues based on your experience level.
What to bring?
To contribute to sprints you will have to bring a laptop. It is also recommended to have the following:
Become a mentor
Already have experience contributing and want to help spread the best practices? We are looking for volunteers to serve as mentors. Mentors help new contributors set up their development environments (if needed), find tasks, and work on issues. Here is how you can get involved:
Attend mentor events at Drupal Dev Days 2020:
- Mentor for a half day or the whole day on any of the days
- Assist participants in First-Timer Workshop on Monday and Tuesday
- Review participants' work
- Help people choose the right contribution room for them, greet people, take pictures, etc.
- Have yourself listed many times as a mentor on drupal.org