Karel de Grote Hogeschool welcomes us in their facilities at Campus Zuid in Antwerp for learning, sharing and working on all things Drupal.
Below you can find information on how to get there, and what's available to explore in the neighbourhood. Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.
Karel de Grote Hogeschool - Campus Zuid
The venue can be reached easily by public transport, by bike or on foot; Coming by car however is not recommended though - see below.
By public transport
The venue is close to the Antwerpen-Zuid train station and multiple tram- and buslines.
Train station :"Antwerpen-Zuid" is about 500 meters away from the campus. Check the belgianrail.be site for timetables and more info.
If you are coming from abroad by Thalys train (e.g. from Paris or Amsterdam), you can arrive at "Antwerpen-Centraal" or "Brussel-Zuid / Bruxelles-Midi", and will need to transfer from those stations to "Antwerpen-Zuid".
- More info to plan your trip when arriving at "Antwerpen Centraal"
- More info to plan your trip when arriving at "Brussel-Zuid / Bruxelles-Midi"
Tram / bus
In close vicinity to the campus you can find multiple tram- and buslines. The closest stops near the campus are:
ca. 110 meter from campus, approx. 3 min. walk (stop numbers 102733 & 107065)
- Bus 30 / 34: Zuid – Borgerhout – Berchem – Zuid
- Bus 180: Aartselaar – Groenplaats
- Bus 181: Rumst – Aartselaar – Groenplaats
- Bus 182: Boom – Aartselaar – Groenplaats
- Bus 183: Niel – Aartselaar – Groenplaats
ca. 250 meter from campus, approx. 4 min. walk (stop numbers 101756 en 101757)
- Tram 4: Hoboken – Silsburg
- Tram 8: P+R Wommelgem – Zuid
Switch stop "Zuid"
ca. 160 meter from campus, approx. 3 min. walk
- Tram 4: Hoboken – Silsburg
- Tram 8: P+R Wommelgem – Zuid
- Tram 10: P+R Schoonselhof – Wijnegem
- Bus 290: Boom - Niel – Antwerpen
- Bus 295: Boom - Predikherenvelden - Niel – Antwerpen
- Bus 500: Mechelen - Rumst - Boom – Antwerpen
You can put your bike in the bike storage in the basement of the campus. Biking from station "Antwerpen-Centraal" or "Antwerpen-Berchem" to the campus would take you about 15 minutes.
Want to use a rental bike? Check out Velo Antwerpen.
There are 2 stations nearby: Troonplaats (086) & station Antwerpen-Zuid (010).
Important: The campus is in the Antwerp 'low-emission zone'. This means your car will potentially not be allowed to enter this zone, if it is considered too polluting. To check if you can enter this zone, you can do an online test. Note that foreign license plates will always need to be registered to enter this zone (except for most Dutch plates). Be sure to check the "Slim naar Antwerpen" website to check for your specific use case!
Warning: The "Leien" are closed in both directions for road works, which might impact your access to the campus. Please check the slimnaarantwerpen.be website for more information regarding this.
Parking: There is no parking available at the campus itself. You can park in the area on the Vlaamse Kaai and the Provinciaal Instituut PIVA (at the Desguinlei). Campus Zuid is located in the green parking zone. More info on parking zones and prices can be found on the antwerpen.be site (in Dutch).
Instead of entering the low-emission zone, you could also use a Park & Ride parking, and use public transportation towards the venue.
Here is a map with the available P+R in the Antwerp neighbourhood.
Estimated travel times by public transport:
- From P+R Schoonselhof - Wijnegem to venue: 20 min
- From P+R Luchtbal / P+R Olympiade / P+R Merksem: 40 min
The nearest airport is Brussels Airport - Zaventem (BRU). From Brussels Airport there are 1-2 trains per hour to Antwerp. The train trip will take about 32 minutes. Alternatively, there is also a Antwerp - Brussels Airport Express shuttle bus.
The closest alternative international airport would be Eindhoven Airport (EIN). There is no easy train transport from Eindhoven to Antwerp though, although you could use the Flixbus shuttle service between Eindhoven and Antwerp.
Do not choose “Antwerp International Airport” (ANR) or “Brussels South Charleroi” (CRL) as your destination airport! ANR is a small regional airport serving a limited amount of flights between neighboring countries. CRL is a bigger airport, but too far from the venue to be convenient.
The venue is fully wheelchair-accessible. Please note that to reach the conference rooms, you will need to take a small detour to get to the elevators. Be sure to ask our staff for help or more information.
Close to venue
- Antwerp museum suites (average room €120 - 15 min walk to venue)
Near Central Station
- Century Hotel (average room €65 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
- Ibis budget Antwerpen Centraal station (average room €70 - 30 min to venue with public transport)
- Ibis Antwerpen Centrum (average room €80 - 15 min to venue with public transport)
- Antwerp Inn hotel (average room €90 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
- Astoria Hotel (average room €90 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
- Radisson BLU Astrid Hotel (average room €100 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
- Leopold Hotel (average room €130 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
Near Meir / Groenplaats (city centre)
- Hotel Postiljon (average room €70 - 20 minutes to venue with public transport)
- Hotel Rubens (average room €200 - 20 min to venue with public transport)
As Lonely Planet puts it: "Appreciated by mode moguls, club queens, art lovers and diamond dealers, Belgium’s capital of cool and the country’s second-biggest city once again revels in fame and fortune. Here you’ll find a beautiful and intimate old city, an astonishing number of world-acclaimed fashion designers and a fast-changing, exciting pace of life. The whole city is something of an architectural museum, from the medieval riverside fortress to modern waterfront creations."
Make sure to explore the very rich cultural heritage of the city of Antwerp, as well as the vibrant atmosphere. More information about what to see and do while in Antwerp, can be found on the following websites: